Rules & Regulations
NB: Failure to comply with any of these rules will mean disqualification from the competition. Receipt of script will be acknowledged.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE to participate in the competition. The Performance piece / act can be performed in any of these languages: Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, English, Hindustani and Hinglish.
- Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, Script copy, preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed. Each Performance/act is considered as a new entry.
- To participate in the competition, Participants are expected to submit entries through Audio-Visual presentation of their performance/act
- Entries can be submitted as an audio visual recording of the performance/act (which is clear, visible and audible) in AVI, WMV, MP4 format along with entry form and CD/DVDs. The recording of performance/act submitted as entry can be any version of the performance/act; like the Random clip / Technical Rehearsal Performance Grand Rehearsal Performance / Final Stage performance of the act. Writer’s and Director’s permission along with source of the script (published book/unpublished script) is compulsory for participation. Failing to provide will not be allowed to participate.
- The Organizers are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The organizers reserve the right to accept or refuse any performance/act without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- CD/DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit CD/DVDs without any physical / quality defects.
- The competition is open for professionals, amateur artists and students.
- The official Entry Form with include the following:
- Title of performance/act, Synopsis and Other information related to the performance/act
- Writer’s name and full address along with photograph
- Director’s name and full address along with photograph
- SCRIPTS :
- Must be a solo person performance with object & situation meeting the main criteria of the competition. Must be original works of the writer and not previously commercially performed as a ticketed show by the participant other than in any competition.
- Must cater for a performance time of no less than 2 (Two) mins and no more than 5 (Five). (We suggest you read your script aloud, and time it.)
- While there are no restrictions on subject matter, theme or style, it must be remembered that this is a stage performance/act not a film, TV or radio play.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no communication or correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection or judging of the winning plays. Finalists will be notified.
- Only short-listed performance/act will receive adjudicators’ comments and feedback.
- Astitva & Mumbai Theatre Guide will not accept any responsibility for entries lost or received late.
- There is no limit on the number of entries, from a performer but each one must include the required entry qualifying documentation.
- Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent playwrights, directors and other theatre professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the organizers. The eventual winner and runners-up will only be announced on the FINAL day of the Event.
- Should any performance/act be chosen as a Finalist, performing rights are granted to Astitva & Mumbai Theatre Guide, without the need to pay a Royalty fee.
- The three finalists will be required to supply a professional headshot and personal biography for publicity purposes.
- The Organizers reserve the right to accept or reject any performance/act that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The Organizers reserves the right to extend the deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- The decision of Organizers will be final & binding and is non-contestable.
- The Organizers reserve the right to withdraw &/or alter any of the terms & conditions of its offers at any time without prior notice.
JUDGING OF THE PERFORMANCE/ACT
The panel of judges will assess each performance/act independently and anonymously, taking into consideration the criteria set out below.
The Organizers may not be a member of the reading panel. All entries are to remain anonymous to the Judging Panel at all times.
The Organizers coordinates their assessments and a shortlist of performance/act is then re-judged. Only the Organizers know the performance/act and the final order of winning performance/act until they are announced after the final performance at the Festival.
Panel of industry professionals will be invited to view only the top 50 short-listed performance/act and select the final 3 performances/act.
Creativity of plot development
Originality of plot idea
Development of characters / Conceptualizing and depiction of OBJECT & SITUATION
Characterization of Object Empathy of characters
Economy of language
Relevance to plot
Relevance to characters
- PERFORMANCE/ACT OVERALL:
No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
The decision of selection committee is final and the shortlisted entries entered into Qualified Entries and Finalists will be notified by mail and/or email.
The performance/act are judged on the overall impact of the performance/act with respect to quality of Acting, Writing and Direction of a performance as entered on the online portal, and not by the number of likes, hits, comments, feedback or sharing of the production on the web. I.e. the decision is not in any way influenced by the accelerated or enhanced attempt of promoting the performance/act done the participants.
Viewer’s Choice Award selection is based on minimum 2500 views for qualification in the Category. The award for the performance/act is decided through the ratio of likes/views recorded by the on-line audiences.
- Performance/act that are submitted must be the entrants original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or effects, images, references presented in your play.
- By entering the Event, the entrant agrees that the Organizers will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your performance/act.
- The Organizers reserves the right to not exhibit, share any performance/act (s) online for any reason it deems valid.
- The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offence or infringement. Racial, religious and regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the play being submitted.
- Organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in respective competition as a contestant
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their performance/act submitted.
- Participant will retain ownership in his/her Entry, subject to the version of the YouTube Terms of Service applicable, and subject to the limited license granted herein. However, by entering the Competition, and to the extent allowed by law, Participants grant the Competition Entities and their respective affiliates the ability to reproduce and exhibit the videos in all media, for promotional or other purposes. All participants shall additionally be bound by Facebook/YouTube’s Terms of Service & Community Guidelines, as may be applicable.